XML Processing Advanced

As mentioned in an earlier article I’ve written an XML extractor from a SOAP-Response XML to represent the data with iText as a PDF. The XML-Extractor was big, bogus and obtrusive. Lately I’ve got to know XMLBeam which does the same thing I’ve created — but it is more lightweight and reusable. So I switched from my implementation to XMLBeam: removing around 8 classes (average 100 LoC each) and substituting the whole functionality with 136 LoC.

Let’s see how it happened.

Continue reading

XML Processing and the GAE

The problem with some articles are that I get the idea of them as I work on a specific topic however I end up writing the article itself weeks or months later. This article has the same issue: I thought about it at the middle of may and now I’ve forgotten why I wanted the Google App Engine (GAE) to be a part of the topic.

Let’s see, what I get at the end.

Continue reading